Requirements - 200 Hour YTT
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Applicants must have a Grade 12 High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year of serious yoga study and practice. Student applicants need not be "advanced" students but should have a dedication to practice and have a sincere interest in deepening their own practice and/or becoming yoga teachers.
Students will graduate from the 200-hour program as Certified Hatha Vinyasa Yoga Teachers and will receive a certificate confirming such. Mike and Maxine and Therapeutic Approach Yoga Studio are registered through Yoga Alliance and are recognized as offering the minimum standards required in educating and teaching yoga students to become yoga teachers. This is an internationally recognized registry.
Alumni from our 200 YTT training programs have some fantastic benefits. In addition to being a "Certified Hatha Vinyasa Yoga Teacher" from Therapeutic Approach Yoga Studio ( a highly regarded and established international Yoga school). Our alumni also have the following benefits:
1. Ongoing discount off of our classes - 10% off
2. 1/2 price tuition when attending future TAYS YTT 200 hour programs.
We support and encourage you to continue your studies with us. Our teachers are constantly learning and changing and want to continue to share with you. If you would like to be re-inspired or continue your development as a yoga teacher we support this growth.
Graduates of our program might also consider continuing their yoga journey into our YTT 500 level advanced training.
A minimum and maximum number of registrants will be accepted. Suitable applicants will be accepted into the program on a first come, first served basis.
Download our Application Form (bottom of page) to apply to our 200 hour YTT training.
Please include your deposit of $500 or $845 (late registration) by cheque, Visa Or MC when submitting your application in order to be considered in the program. Once you are accepted into 200 hour YTT program, this deposit will be cashed. Please send your completed Application Form and your deposit to:
Therapeutic Approach Yoga Studio, Attn: Maxine Munro
102-6156 Quinpool Road
Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3L 1A3
Tuition Fees (Halifax programs) - YTT 200 hour program - Month-long or Weekends program
$2900.00 + tax (Early Bird Price - If deposit of $500 is made 1 month before start date of program)
$3200.00 + tax after this date (Late registration - deposit is $845.00)
Payments are as follows:
- Cheque/Visa/MC made out to T. A. Y. S. $500 (Late registration: $845) - This is a non-refundable deposit. This deposit must accompany your application in order for your application to be considered. This deposit will not be cashed unless you are accepted into the YTT program by the directors.
- Cheque/VISA or MC made out to T. A. Y. S. $2835. Due one week before the start of the program. Please contact email@example.com if you would like to arrange a more affordable payment schedule.
Tuition Fees - Month-long program - (Halifax programs)
You can register for 3 or fewer weeks of our YTT month-long training. Each week offers 50 hours of Yoga teacher training hours. Each week would cost $825 + tax. Deposit (for one week) would be $150.
The tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Any way we can help?
For those coming from out of town or are not familiar with the Halifax area, we have directions from the airport, local places to stay and general tourism information. Please call 1-866-429-3303 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be pleased to answer any questions or help in any way that we can.