500 Hour Advanced Level YTT
This advanced program is designed to provide in-depth training for professional level hatha vinyasa yoga teachers. After completing your foundation 200 hour training, you are eligible to continue with this 300 hour program of courses to complete a 500 hour certification, which meets the requirements of Yoga Alliance.
Our YTT 500 hour program will take a minimum of 2 years to complete as some of our required weekend courses are only offered every second year.
CURRICULUM (300 HOURS) - Schedule of Courses and Registration Below
A. Required weekend and weeklong courses 230 Hours:
Courses are offered every second year:
1. Grounding (17.5 hours) - October
2. Core (17.5 hours) February
3. Opening (17.5 hours) - October
4. Integration (17.5 hours) - February
5. Anatomy of Vinyasa Yoga (15 hours) - April
6. Advanced Assisting (15 hours) - December
Courses offered yearly:
7. Yoga Assists (15 hours) - November
8. The Yoga of Communication (15 hours) - October
9. Prenatal/Post-Natal Certification (15 hours) - May
10. Restorative Yoga/Yin Yoga Weekend (15 hours) - April
11. Eight Limbs of Yoga (15 hours) - September
Courses offered as scheduled depending on enrollment:
12. One 50 Hour Practice Retreat. (50 hours) - Summer program OR
13. Pranassage(R) Practitioner Training (100 hours). Note: participants taking this program do not need to take extra optional courses or a retreat, as this 100 hour module in combination with required courses above would complete all contact hours needed.
B. Options 50 hours To be updated yearly:
13. Either add a second 50 hour retreat or 50 hours of options from: Workshops or Yoga Teacher Trainings with TAYS 500hour level trained yoga teachers (Jolene d'Entremont, Mike Munro, Maxine Jeffrey, Sara Lamb, Cleo Burke, Diane Bellefontaine), such as YOGA BIRTH, Yoga Teacher training for Seniors (June 2017). You can repeat workshops from 500 hour, repeat hours from 200 hour, etc. Workshops with visiting teachers may also apply. Please watch our online calendar of workshops for additional optional courses throughout the year. NOT REQUIRED BY THOSE TAKING PRANASSAGE.
C. Plus the following 20 Hours:
14. 15 hours electives. Yoga classes, or extra workshops in the community.
15. 10 Hours practicum/practice teaching.
Total 300 Hours
All of the above courses in combination with your 200 hour training equals 500 hours of training. Please note: Courses are dependent upon registration numbers and are subject to date change two weeks before course date. If you are planning on attending certain courses please inform us in a timely manner.
Register for Available Courses Online Here:
(Page updated August 8th, 2016 up to and including courses until June 2017)