500 Hour Advanced Level YTT
This advanced program is designed to provide in-depth training for professional level hatha vinyasa yoga teachers. This module system requires students to complete a foundation 200 hour training course, with the option to build on these basic fundamentals (an additional 300 hours) to complete a 500 hour certification, which meet the requirements of Yoga Alliance.
Our YTT 500 hour program will take a minimum of 2 years to complete as some of our required weekend courses are only offered every second year. It is recommended that you begin your entry into TAYS' YTT 500 with the required course: Grounding. Which will next be offered November 8, 9, 10, 2013. We are currently accepting applications from Yoga-Alliance recognized 200 hour YTT graduates into our next YTT 500 hour course which will begin on November 8, 2013. *Applicants who miss the first required weekend can complete it in November of 2015.
Note: Only those registered for our YTT 500 are invited to attend the four main YTT 500 courses: "Grounding", "Core", "Opening" and "Integration". The other required YTT courses are open to non-YTT 500 registered students one month prior to the workshop date, if space permits. The optional YTT 500 hour courses are open to all.
Curriculum (300 hours)
Required weekend and weeklong courses:
1. Grounding (17.5 hours) - Autumn 2013
2. Core (17.5 hours) - Spring 2014
3. Opening (17.5 hours) - Oct 17, 18, 19, 2014
4. Integration (17.5 hours) - April 5, 6, 7, 2013
5. Yoga Assists I and II (15 hours)
6. Advanced Assisting (17.5 hours)
7. Spirituality and Philosophy Weekend (15 hours)
8. Prenatal/Post-Natal Certification (15.5 hours)
9. Advanced Yoga Anatomy for Teachers (formally called Yoga Anatomy I and II) (15 hours)
10. Restorative Yoga/Yin Yoga Weekend (15 hours)
11. Eight Limbs of Yoga (15 hours)
12. Week-long yoga retreat - with TAYS senior teachers (50 hours)
13. 50 Required hours - Choose 50 hours from following options:
- Attend a second 50 Hour Retreat with TAYS
or choose from the following options only (note: This is not a complete list. Options will be added each year.)
- BARRIE RISMAN - tentative date: February 1, 2, 2014
- CHILDREN'S YOGA TEACHER TRAINING - with Leanne Whiting (full training - 95 hours)
- PHILIP URSO: MASTER YOGA TEACHER AND PUBLIC SPEAKER: THE BREATH - June 21, 22, 23, 2013
- CREATIVE SEQUENCING WORKSHOP - Tomomi Kojima - April 13 & 14, 2013
+ Workshops or Yoga Teacher Trainings with TAYS 500 hour level trained yoga teachers: (Leslie Hunter, Jolene d'Entremont, Mike Munro, Maxine Munro, Tomomi Kojima, Leanne Whiting)
Plus the following:
14. Practical test class
15. Mentoring (10 hours)
Your mentor will be chosen for you following the first weekend and will be one of Mike Munro, Maxine Munro, Leslie Hunter or Jolene d'Entremont. These 10 hours will be a combination of shadowing your teacher at classes, assisting your mentor at classes and teaching or co-teaching with your mentor in order to obtain feedback from your mentor.
Non-contact time (~14 hours or any additional hours missed in above courses):
16.a) Practice teaching with submission of class plans and a log.
16.b) Auditing community yoga classes with submission of a log.
16.c) Complete a special project of your choice.