500 Hour Advanced Level YTT
Our Professional Level Training is interesting, thorough and uncovers amazing Yoga teachers.
This advanced program is designed to provide in-depth training for professional level hatha vinyasa yoga teachers. This module system requires students to complete a foundation 200 hour training course, with the option to build on these basic fundamentals (an additional 300 hours) to complete a 500 hour certification, which meet the requirements of Yoga Alliance.
Our YTT 500 hour program will take a minimum of 2 years to complete as some of our required weekend courses are only offered every second year. It is recommended that you begin your entry into TAYS' YTT 500 with the required course: Grounding. Which will next be offered November 8, 9, 10, 2013. We are currently accepting applications from Yoga-Alliance recognized 200 hour YTT graduates into our next YTT 500 hour course which will begin on November 8, 2013. *Applicants who miss the first required weekend can complete it in November of 2015.
Note: Only those registered for our YTT 500 are invited to attend the four main YTT 500 courses: "Grounding", "Core", "Opening" and "Integration". The other required YTT courses are open to non-YTT 500 registered students one month prior to the workshop date, if space permits. The optional YTT 500 hour courses are open to all.
CURRICULUM (300 HOURS)
Required weekend and weeklong courses:
1. Grounding (17.5 hours) - November 8, 9, 10, 2013
2. Core (17.5 hours) - May 16, 17, 18, 2014
3. Opening (17.5 hours) - October 17, 18, 19, 2014
4. Integration (17.5 hours) - Spring, 2015
5. Yoga Assists (15 hours) - October 4 & 5, 2014
6. Advanced Assisting (17.5 hours) - November 15, 16, 17, 2013
7. Spirituality and Philosophy Weekend (15 hours) - February 15, 16, 2014
8. Prenatal/Post-Natal Certification (17.5 hours) - May 10, 11, 2014
9. Advanced Yoga Anatomy for Teachers (15 hours) - March 15, 16, 2014
10. Restorative Yoga/Yin Yoga Weekend (17.5 hours) - January 17, 18, 19, 2014
11. Eight Limbs of Yoga (15 hours) - June 7, 8, 2014
12. a) Yearly January Practice Retreat (50 hours) - January 1-5, 2014
12. b) Mexico Yoga Retreat April 5-12, 2014
13. All hours completed as above. Please add hours from: Workshops or Yoga Teacher Trainings with TAYS 500 hour level trained yoga teachers: (Leslie Hunter, Jolene d'Entremont, Mike Munro, Maxine Jeffrey, Tomomi Kojima) such as CREATIVE SEQUENCING WORKSHOP or YOGA AND THE FOUR FOUNDATIONS OF MINDFULNESS, etc. for a total of 250 hours.
14. Additional 50 hours chosen from the following options only. (note: This is not a complete list. Options will be added each year.)
- BARRIE RISMAN - Yoga Therapeutics January 31, February 1, 2, 2014
- CHILDREN'S YOGA TEACHER TRAINING with Leanne Whiting (full training - 95 hours - only 50 of these are used)
- PHILIP URSO: MASTER YOGA TEACHER AND PUBLIC SPEAKER: TBA April 2014
- Workshops or Yoga Teacher Trainings with TAYS 500 hour level trained yoga teachers: (Leslie Hunter, Jolene d'Entremont, Mike Munro, Maxine Munro, Tomomi Kojima) such as CREATIVE SEQUENCING WORKSHOP or YOGA AND THE FOUR FOUNDATIONS OF MINDFULNESS, etc.
Plus the following:
15. Practical test class
Non-contact time (~24 hours or any additional hours missed in above courses):
16.a) Practice teaching with submission of class plans and a log.
16.b) Auditing community yoga classes with submission of a log.
16.c) Complete a special project of your choice.